Thursday 3 October 2013

The Iceland Trip.

I was lucky enough to get to Iceland in August for three days of fishing. As it turned out I only got two days of fishing in on the Varmá River. The Varmá is a river that flows through the town called Hveragerði. It is well known as a big sea trout river but unfortunately I didn't manage to connect with any of them though I did manage to see some of them trying to jump the falls just outside the town. Its pretty impressive watching the size of some of the fish jumping this waterfall.
The waterfall just outside Hveragerði. Not my photo.
The fishing was pretty good for brown trout again I didnt connect with any of the monster trout but I did see some big fish flashing at my fly. This fish below is the first fish from the river that I caught I thought it was a normal brown trout at the time but it could be a sea trout. 

Small brown trout or sea trout.

1 comment:

  1. wow, beautiful. added to bucket list!

    ReplyDelete